Goal Setting

Okay, so I didn't manage to blog over the weekend like I often do coz I was busy doing something else which is also related to blogging. Anyway, here's the deal. I finally did some goal setting..wahey! I figured out..and some millions of other successful people...that in order to achieve what you want to get, you gotta sit down, think hard and write down the things that have been clouding your head. For me, I wanted to make myself a life makeover. It would be one of those moments where yours truly would do something that is out of the extraodinairy..well, almost....to yank herself out of the blues and finally get down to doing something that will change her life. Even if it means cutting my hair and fyi, I am not contemplating on doing that now. I figured out that hey, my hair has outgrown itself a bit and at times, it looks pretty cool with the wispy effects but other times, I wish my hair was short. That's life I suppose. You're never satisfied.


Anyway, back to goal setting. I realised that I am not that bad after all. I do harbour on dreams that perhaps take a wee bit longer time than other people because of lack of finances, lack of preparation and lack of brain power. But that wouldnt stop me from achieving what I want to achieve. At the same time, I dont want to seriously grip on a dream that I may not end up achieving and not because Im just not good enough. Like what they say, it's the journey that counts and not the destination. You know, just like in the movies...throughout the movie, guy A supposedly thought he had a future because he would be getting married with this pretty girl and thought that he would finally sort his life out and start life anew. But then he got hooked up with guy B and had an affair with him for 20 years. Yup, totally unexpected. Totally undreamed of. So, it took him on a whole new course of life and even though his life was miserable because he was denying himself of true love, at the same time, he knew that he could not let it go easily too but the society, at that time, was condemning the kind of love he was dealing with.


Okay, my point is..right now, we are more open right? So why do we put restrictions on ourselves? I am not saying that we should all be openly gay but you see, we have things that we can control and some things that we cannot control. It wouldn't kill to just try. It's better than saying hey, I regretted not doing it. At all. I had been to a management course before and one of the things that I was taught was that, we should set ourselves some goals to achieve. Not only does it make our life more meaningful, it gives us a purpose in life. We cant be sitting around waiting for things to happen. Even the smallest thing that we do can add value to our life. Take for example, one of my goals is to open an online shop. Then, to have an online shop, I need to buy the materials. I have amassed quite a lot of stuffs to make the accessories but without the drive to achieve my dream but jz doing it half heartedly, and then leaving it half done, I decided to give myself a duration to complete it. After all, if we don't push ourselves, we will never get to where we want to go. So, I managed to make a pair of earrings. I know it's just uno, but I did try to make a necklace and I bothered to make a quickie run to plaza sing to get the material to clip at the end of the necklace.


You see, it was my first experimentation with the tigers tail which is a kind of string that looks a bit metallic and I also some crimpers. It turned out ok but because I never tried this material before, I kinda had a bit of a problem with it. I overbent the end of the wire that was hooked up to the centre piece so it looked crooked. I read somewhere before that you have to be real careful with this material as it bends too easily and it won't go back to the same shape easily. Geez...compare that with the real tiger's tail. Anyway, I also forgot to tie a knot at the other end and jz slipped on the latch. So with a bit of accidental rough pull, the whole thing fell apart. But it's okay. At least I know what my mistakes are. Oh, and I didn't give up on the earrings. I completed it while watching CSI:Miami (hate lieutenant's new girlfriend...what the hell..can't they pick someone his age and ugly at the same time?!) and the first episode of The Apprentice latest season. Ooh..Tarek's hot. STupid..but hot. Tarek..I want to tarik u anytime..he may have a high IQ (if I think he's the one) but u're damn low on the EQ man. Nevermind, work on that Tarek...u're too cute to boot. Get it?! Like boot..as in..fired..uhm, okay..So, in a way, I am happy that I am beginning to take up baby steps. After all, you have to begin somewhere right?


I did several other things too that I am equally proud as well. So I done it again. I utilised the internet to find out how I can play videos uploaded from my handphone to my pc and then on to my pda and it took me some trial and error...so alright, lots of them..and now I finally got it done. Yay! Geez..at times like that, I wished i have one of the latest phone from Nokia's N series but after a series of freak accidents with phones..that will be a LOOooOoong time from now. Or at least till next half of the year. Oh, then I also started on my fitness blog..yup, the blog that I was talking about...to help young girls or young women in their bid to achieve a healthier lifestyle. I had some problems doing up the blog layout coz it's not as versatile as blogger. That's the problem with those websites which have things like paid accounts. They make those who got the free accounts to have a miserable life by putting up so many limitations, which to me, is also stifling my creativity coz I felt that I couldnt do much. Even if I could, it wouldn't end up how I want it to end up as. But I wanted to try a different address so I try my best to customise it and can say..am rather satisfied with it..hehe..Then, yesterday I wanted to write my very first article but I was a bit ill prepared when it came to the intro bit. So it is back to the drawing board for now. It's okay. Im not beaten down yet.


Anyway, there's one area in my life which Im leaving out of goal setting and thats in regard to my love life. Wait, my non existent love life. While some people, like my colleagues, are looking forward to a married life, Im staying out of relationships for now. I know they're like telling me Im missing out on stuffs being a single all these years but Im not ready. I do have a crush though but for now, it's a crush that is not going anywhere because I haven't seen him for months.


Sometimes right, it's kinda cool to talk to a guy coz u get a different or even a fresh perspective of some things especially when it comes to matters of the heart or anything lah if you talk to my friend...haha..The problem with our communications is that when there is someone else in the conversation or we are in a group, I find it hard to talk to him. yah, the endless 'flirting' is there...but it is just for fun. But when it is just the two of us talking...it was like talking to an old friend where you feel like saying every single thing. Sometimes, I would feel bad then I'd stop halfway and Im like nevermind...but he always asked me to continue because he said with him, he can talk about anything under the sun.


I know that sounds so 'Awww.....'-ish but as cliche as it sounds, he's just a friend to me. Yesterday, he dropped me a line and asked if there was anything wrong coz I happened to write that I needed a life makeover as part of my nick online. I said that I got things under control already and yup, it's getting a bit better. Then he said that it had been awhile since we seriously chat so much so he thought the last time we met was last year. What the....


So I dunno how but I kinda ended up talking about how I liked this guy at work but come to think of it, I don't think Im up to it even if it is going to end up somwhere..like..err..u know..a relationship. Coz he's rich (he paid 20k for a one months' course that may not mean much in singapore!) and he drives his own car plus he got a stable job. And he's short too..heh heh..my weakness. Then furthermore, Im not the sort who goes for material goods so being rather short and average looking, other girls may be in envy thinking that im after him coz of his goodies. But he's ever the assuring (as usual...) saying to hell with them because what matters most, is that I should not let other people to shape the way I think. Hrm, true...and he added that he trust me to not let others get me down too...yup, sometimes rahayu needs a little bit of 'pick me up' and one of it is his 'my dear rahayu' or 'sweetie' moments..bwahahahaa!!! Not bad for one who has a bad boy rep. He also shared his woes about his friends trying to hook him up with every girl pal they know which drives him nuts as his ultimate aim is to be single and rich. Before I said anything..he said that he's serious about it. Okay boy..it's ur life...haha...


Anyway, this thursday I would be meeting one of my dearie friends and I thought she forgot..haha. She wanted to 'buka puasa' or break fast with me since it had been a long time. So okay, fine with me and I can pass her one of my cds too. Aaah..finally, another girl who didn't get a chance to go to the Mraz concert earlier this year. I told him about me going to meet her later and at the end of the conversation, he said that it had been a long time since we last met and chat with each other so he thought that we could meet too that day. Yikes! I didn't see that coming. It kinda shocked me a bit coz it wasn't the first time I said about wanting to meet this friend or that friend of ours but he never mentioned about wanting to join in.


Okay, like what I said.....I could seriously talk to him one on one on the phone or online but im nervous about talking to guys in real life even if he's a friend! So err...as u can see...Im comfortable with my gal pals..thank u very much..haha..With guys, I'll be reduced to a mumbling less intelligent idiot! Now let's hope his schedule is packed that day that he can't make it..haha..meanie me. For that friend of mine, she can chat with him but she always end up being his butt of jokes so if I turn to the mumbling idiot mode, I seriously pity her. Haiz.........anyway, I hope he didn't read this entry..haha. I dont mean any harm...but im too shy lah..hehe..but as usual, the best thing that I can do is to treat him like one of my gal pals..IF he is able to come and meet...to take the awkwardness out of the situation. Unless...he is wearing short sleeves and his biceps can be seen...oh, the agony!!! See, im beginning to be an idiot.


Anyway, forget the last bit. Just remember that I would strongly advise you to do goal setting. It helps straighten ur thoughts out. For now, uhm..maybe I should strategise on how to communicate with guys without turning into an idiot..haha.


Comments

Popular Posts