Clinique Chubby Stick Intense: 05 Plushest Punch

So this was the purchase which I quickly regretted after purchasing when I was supposed to save me some moolah especially when the facial wash set me back by $35 already.

Anyway, in life, you have to learn to let go and move on so I intend to use this often whenever I go out to meet friends. Definitely not to work because it's not colour safe for me at least in my work environment where the office peeps don't actually dress up.

But since I lurve make up and there comes a point where I should finally get myself something non drugstore related, I got this then.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense. It's not the usual Chubby Stick range but rather, a newer range which has more intense colour so they don't just work as a lip balm (a pricey one at that) but a lipstick with moisturizing benefit. With the price tag of $26, I would say that it's cheaper than Tarte LipSurgence which is currently sold out from a local online shop and cost around $30 plus.

To be honest, it is not my usual lip colour which is more towards a mauve colour but then as with any other lipstick which are of non natural colour, I tend to just wear it on my upper lip and then press my lips together so that the colour doesn't look too outstanding. I guess I'm not quite a lippy person. 

So here is my Chubby Stick Intense in the colour 05 Plushest Punch






I've got dry lips and I use a lip balm with beeswax as one of the natural ingredients most of the time. Sometimes they can get so dry, skins are flaking. But it depends on the weather mostly. Nowadays it has been raining so they're not really dry as it used to be earlier this year.

What I think of it? Well, I think it lives up to its expectation and the colour payoff is great and one swipe you get the intense colour as promised. Currently in the market if you are looking for dupes, the closest I can find is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Stain but if you ask me, it's not worth the $18.90 price tag for something that doesn't give you the colour intensity of a lipstick. It's like a glorified coloured lip balm. I would rather you get their lip butter range which is cheaper. 

However, if you don't mind it, either you wait for store discount, major department storewide sales at the expo or go local online shopping which can charge you lesser by few dollars even though they don't carry a wide range of colours. 

Okay I should not regret it. I must admit it is a good buy though I should cut back on other expenses. Haha. Yes, that is so me. I am not a free spirited shopper. 

Thanks for reading my review!


I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular Posts