Happy International Women's Day 2015

Women face a lot of challenges in life but as women, we are emotionally stronger and we sacrifice selflessly for the sake of loved ones. We've been treated unfairly in life but it doesn't mean we get holed up and just let things be. Despite the prejudice, we still work our way up on the success leader and prove the naysayers that women can reach the top.

People say that women can't run businesses or even the world because we get too emotional. Guess what. We are not afraid of challenges and pushing ourselves forward and defy all odds. Yet, you can still lean on women as support because we're just human and we laugh, we cry whether the occasion is a happy or a sad one. And we encourage one another to do our best and be there for our friends when they need a shoulder to cry on.

Often, women put others before themselves. Single mothers shunned by society, have to work extra hard to raise their children; single women who face the often asked question of when are they going to get married and when they do, they have to be separated away from home to live with the family of the husband. It's simply a home away from home, and for many of them, living overseas in an unknown territory.

For myself, I am the sole breadwinner of my family and for the last few years, have been trying my best to keep the family afloat which is very very hard especially financially. However, my salary has been rising, but unfortunately, so are the prices in general. And my mum just can't live without certain things, which needs to be bought on a daily basis, which technically puts a drain in my pocket but to her, it's like living without a limb.

A couple of years ago, I had to be creative in finding another source of side income. It has been nothing but trial and error, with at times, I don't know if it's ever going to work. But I believe that if you put yourself out constantly, people will start to notice and take note. I refuse to be defeated and continue to work hard to bring in even more success than the year before. 

I've also started studying about a year and a half ago and still going strong even though I thought that with the increasing fees, little savings and mid range salary, it's going to be tough. But I want to study and I don't want to be stuck in the same ol' job so the only way out is to get myself educated. It's tiring I must add and the first thing I want to do when I get home is to just sleep on my bed...with my day clothes still on.

But there are women out there who work full time, study part-time AND still tend to their young children. Why? Because we want a better future for ourselves and for our family.

While men have their own set of problems too, so do women and even though it can be a struggle coping with life in general, and working extra hard to prove to other people that women can do it too and be successful, we know we can do it. And still be fashionable while at it, haha. 

So give your girlfriends a pat on the back and tell them, you go girl!

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts