The Future of Us Interactive Exhibition

A week ago, my brother and I went to the Future of Us interactive exhibit outside the Marina Bay MRT station towards the Gardens by the Bay which offered a glimpse of what our future would be based on the hopes and dreams of our Singaporeans. I thought it was creative the way they presented the video presentation in a dome like structure with the video itself being creative as well.

However, there weren't many stand out things within the video that caught my eye except for the self drive car and in the exhibits, where they showed how a hologram which can help to pre-determine the medical condition for accidents at home when help is rendered later on and how technology can help in our national defence although the use of technology is hardly new. But there's always room for improvement in everything.

Other than that, I like how the videos show diversity in terms of race and capabilities such as a wheel chair bound architect. I thought one of the cool interactive features they have is for us to write a wish on an ipad and that wish goes into the 'clouds' when we submit them.

This is unrelated to the exhibit but I came across a quote from a famous entrepreneur and to paraphrase it, our past does not determine our future. Like how people think that they can never go far in life based on their current life situation but think about how many people are successful and they came from either a broken or humble background that taught them the basics of surviving the sometimes cruel world to be in a successful place that they are right now. They refuse to accept that this is how is going to be for them in future and worked hard to step out of the zone to prove to themselves that they can make it far better than they are right now.

Here are some pictures that I took at the exhibition. That said, I think the most interesting part of the exhibit (or at least I thought it might be..haha..) is the row of swings outside the dome which I went swing-crazy, safely of course, and reminiscing about my childhood. And it's still fun..whee!!

The Future of Us exhibition is on until March and it's free entry. Google the exhibit and click on the link which takes you to a website that allows you to pre-book the tickets.





follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts