Setting Yourself for a Better Day than Yesterday & Marriage is not for Everyone

We should count our blessings that we have another day to make it better than it is yesterday. Rather than making things predictable and routined, we ought to actually do things that are useful and bring us closer to the purpose in life besides just being able to live and breathe another day.

I read an article about how the government took note that while the fertility rate increases, the number of singles have increased as well. In other words, people not getting married. I'm one of those, hehe. I've never really set out to looking for opportunities and while it's better to be proactive rather than just waiting for it to happen, if your heart isn't really 'in', some things just take a little bit longer to happen you know. But I know for the longest time ever, in other words since I was much younger, that a married life isn't for everyone. Just based on the statistics itself, while the fertility rate increases, divorce rate has also increased. It's not that I don't want to get married because of that scary figure. I just think it's not something I want. I have other things in mind that I feel like are what I want out of life that far exceeds wanting to find a husband and have children one day. It's a personal choice although I know that we can only plan and we don't know what lies in future for us.

But for those still not achieving what they want out of life, should we actually stop living until one day when we lose weight, find love, get a degree, have ample savings and so on? It's like we  put our lives on hold until things supposedly get better one day.  What we see online is only one third of what is going on behind the scene. It takes more than that. We don't know how many times people fall, experience failure and so on and we only see what they want us to see because not many people are actually upfront to say it all on how they have suffered to get to where they are right now.

So until then, do we berate ourselves if we are nothing like them. No. We should actually set ourselves up to be better than we are yesterday. And we are not going to wish like oh, if things were like this instead, my life wouldn't suck...if I am rich, I don't have to put up with this crappy job.

Doing things out of our comfort zone can set us up for better things ahead in life. I've been toying with the idea of getting a new job in a different government sector for the longest time ever and one of the main reasons why I chose to pursue a diploma. I felt that this future job will have better job opportunities than my present one. Last Monday, I finally received my diploma and now I feel I am in a better position to get my dream job rather than simply wishing.

My brother just bought his macbook air few days ago which I'm typing this out from so applying for the job vacancy will be much easier rather than doing it secretly from work and also I don't have to put up with the cracked screen of my current laptop. I thank God that He has given him this chance to purchase this laptop using his own hard earned money from working as a part time Barista. I am blessed to have him as my brother with his intention to help his family by working and at the same time, saving up for this new Macbook Air. I know that not all parents are blessed with such children and some go through heartache with their children doing things to spite them or are too selfish for their own good to realise how hard their parents have worked in bringing them up. I do not think parenting is an easy job and it's something that I personally feel like I can't do although it's a matter of natural instinct just like how mothers are .

I hope that by reading this post, you are encouraged to seize life, myself included, by making small achievements and planning to make this day more outstanding than yesterday.

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts