A Quick Weekend Getaway to Pulau Kukup Malaysia

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Pulau Kukup with some of my colleagues and it was a last minute thing and it was paid for..hee..💖

Actually I was hesitant in going but since I'm leaving this work place for good, currently the saddest thing but you know, life goes on...I could not pass up this opportunity as we were used to going out together at least once a year for admin and support colleagues bonding sessions. The couple of days we were there, it was totally wet weather but when the weather permits us to walk, even with brollies, we went ahead and explored. It wasn't my first time there but it was my first staying in a lodging which is not a hotel.

While they were busy shopping for mostly dried goods and snacks, or little souvenirs, I was just taking in the sight. Sometimes when you travel, home is always the best especially in those place where it's a lot lesser than what you're used to back home. It makes you appreciate what you have here more.

In the chalet where we stayed, there was a karaoke room and my more senior colleagues were having fun belting out old Chinese classics. By the way, I was the only Malay in the group, haha..and the rest were Chinese. But they knew about my halal consumption only and the food catered (by the way, we were served food every now and then) was halal. Although I still do not think it's fully halal, if you know what I mean, as I'm used to seeing the halal cert in Singapore where it's more legit, or cooked by Muslim people. But I give it the benefit of doubt because on the other hand, if I do not eat, I will probably be hungry..haha. I do enjoy their fresh seafood especially their prawns, yummy, because they are surrounded by waters and their seafood is a fresh catch from the sea.

At night, we watched fireworks which would be put on display if we buy the firecrackers from them. There are other chalets there as well so at point, we would be watching it from one end and then the next thing, the fireworks will be at the other end.

The community was pretty small and it's like they know each other. Their access to the city is quite a long ride and another mode of communication is via the ferry and there is a ferry terminal nearby. They are also entrepreneurial and they sell goods to mostly tourists here for some extra income. I'm a lousy shopper, even when we have our annual shopping trip in Johor, I would buy stuffs but not enough to fill a luggage bag sort of shopping. I'm just more interested in chilling and eating.

Honestly, their items including food are expensive. With the very good exchange rate, many Malaysians choose to make their income in Singapore, and some braving the traffic with their daily commute, to work here. Because of this exchange rate too, many Singaporeans also enjoy having their short vacations across the causeway with family and friends for some R&R.

Even in hotels, I don't always sleep very well because well, it's not home. I've never slept in a bunk bed and this was my first. I didn't go up the upper deck and just stayed at the lower deck with my things at the foot of the bed. I slept beside the window, which I didn't peep out because it was covered with the curtain like almost shut, but every now and then, I would wake up and hearing the sloshing of water like when you're on the beach. It's quite tranquil and I was tempted to push the curtain aside to have a view but I dared not, especially late at night, haha.

Overall, I enjoyed myself. Sometimes we just have to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and just take in the serenity of exploring another city or island.

Enjoy the pictures below!

























follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts