It's B-B-Bonus Time!!!

I am always excited when it comes to the December payday because it's when I would get the bonus. And it's also exciting because this year's bonus is one of the highest for the government sector over the years. Usually their excuse is that the economy isn't doing so well or is just picking up..but this time, the economy is doing well! Yay! 

I don't exactly know what it means and how they analyse the economy because I is no economist. But whoever you are, thank you :)

I tried to make a list of things to buy but I didn't manage to get all on the list. Not because I can' get it, okay maybe one of them..it's just that I felt that the things I bought, were a replacement of things that had finished or needed to be replaced, like a new foundation, new make up brushes and a new wallet. Yes, wallet. My wallet has seen better days, lol. I didn't buy that wallet anyway. In fact, I have not bought a wallet for some time because they were usually gifts. I used to buy from Guess but I thought of getting from Charles & Keith because it's cheaper than the Guess ones. Plus I think Guess needs to update its design, lol.

It's the priciest item I have bought, believe it or not. And that's only $46.00. Well yesterday I bought two clothing items because I have no choice, thanks to my mum who constantly thinks I need an updated wardrobe. So that's over $70 over dollars. And that set me back around $70 plus. Also, I spent around the same amount at Nando's as a treat for my family as it's my mum's fave. 

Ever since I started to read this website called The New Savvy and how I went almost broke mid this year, I didn't want to take this chance of getting a fat bonus to squander it away, you know. Because of the broke mindset I've had for the last few months, I've gone into being more practical and budget conscious just to make sure I have enough to last until the next pay day.

Again, I hate to go into this mentality of living paycheque to paycheque which is one of the reasons why I started the online shop making customised cards. They don't quite require high inventory costs unless I go crazy at the shops with stickers, papers and stuffs (well..I used to anyway) but I just buy the newly released stuffs that I find practical for the cards I am going to make or fit the general themes I usually get. 

But it's still a long way to go. At times I would be happy I managed to save some moolah and then well things happen....life happens....and then I need to use that to tide things over...sigh.

So I was toying over whether I should buy this makeup palette from Zoeva which is one of the cheapest and yet high quality eyeshadows at $39.00 that I can find in Sephora. I actually took the palette a couple of times to the extent of wanting to pay but then put it back. I pulled back into reality about what are the things that I have yet to spend on because of time factor, like my friend's present and my clothes insisted by my mum and have no control over, including the designs. Also, I need to set aside some money for the Seoul Garden treat for my brother which has yet to happen because he wanted it next week instead. 

I re-focused on my goals and then thought about what I actually wanted out of this salary and then in a split second, it would be to finance my further education. So that kept me grounded and determined to use my under-utilised makeup palettes at home. I also want to earn some money first before going back to the store and buying that item. It's not a seasonal item so even after Christmas is over, the item will still be around, I hope.

Based on experience, there's a high chance I would use up all the money for again, life reasons and whatever that comes up. But before that time comes when I'm back to square one again, hopefully not too soon, since my last two salaries (again with my broke mentality), I say my gratitude to God for whatever amount I have left. And it gives me a peace of mind without being too caught up with every dollar and cents. Of course it doesn't mean I would anyhow spend. But it makes me more financially responsible besides being responsible in taking care of my family's needs.

Okay I shall end my ramblings here. So enjoy the pics below!

This is me enjoying the halal frothy butter beer from Boo-eh

I loved this wintery Christmas set ups at Marina Bay link

A gift all the way from UK!! Finally had my hands on Tanya Burr cosmetics

Screen capture of Tanya Burr opening up the Advent Calendar

I spent my half day leave at my former workplace, helping a little and then going for dinner



Comments

Popular Posts