Summer Romance

He laid down in the glistening sun
Eyes shut and lips slightly open
The slight breeze blowing his wispy fringe
Suddenly I see him as the most beautiful thing ever
sculpted to perfection
Every ridges and curves
How I longed to run my fingers through those hair and along the 
streamline of his body
As I ran my finger from the top of his head
Gently caressing the smoothness of his baby face
His keen senses came alive
As he became acutely aware of my touch
He got up to receive me with his kiss
Which I promptly responded in the same manner
Carefully & delicately
How I longed to let the kiss linger on and on
But I gently pushed him away
As I did not wish to disappoint him
that this wasn't forever
Sooner I had to let him go
For this was just a summer romance
And the summer was coming to an end so soon
He did not take it well nor did I 
But I had to, my love
I had to.

We soon grew apart
But the longing grew significantly harder to bear
Some nights I couldn't sleep
Thinking if you couldn't sleep either
I dreamt of that quick summer kiss we had
Smiling to myself that I'm too is your object of affection
This pain, I can't contain
My heart jumped when you left me a note
Wanting to reconcile
I left you a note too asking you to meet me at midnight

The steps you took in the silence of the night
Made my heart turned and my heart skipping a beat
He's here, I'm thinking..He's here
We soon talked and opened our hearts again
Tonight I'm yours, my dear
If you want me still

The summer might be coming to an end
While the pain was getting more unbearable
As the clock start ticking
Being with you every single chance I could get
Makes me treasure you more and more
Every memory we made burnt into the back of my mind
So when I had to let you go
The memories would stay with me
Even if the distance kept us away

Comments

Popular Posts